Economy Recalls trucking strike Logistics business systems supply chain disruption warehousing food Business tools News Technology freight Unions and Guilds Distributor Credit Management Fleet Management Great Employees Operations Improvement Pricing Solutions distribution talk Christmas Season Ideas Managing Debt Ports Trade Shows bankruptcy management paradigm route optimization tools Alternative Businesses China Falling Editors Note Excess Inventory Lawsuits Licensing Profit and Loss Report Recession Wal-Mart advertising Tips environmental logistics relocations retail shortages Accounting Restatements Airport Privatization Consumers Harmed Editor Comments Education and Training European Business Government Plans Hosting Inflation International Trade Market Conditions Movie Distribution Photo Rail Software Vehicles distribution real estate horizontal integration imports k-rail recycling distribution regulation scandals - Prosecutions trade free zones trains vertical integration warranty repair
- South East Gas Shortage
- Quality Scrubs And More
- The Dow Plummets Then Rebounds Many Losers Than Ju...
- Rent To Own
- Alternative Options For Distributors
- Blue Nile Diamonds
- Customers Who Aren't Getting Railed
- Economic Upheavals Possible Effects On Trucking Se...
- Centering Clay Made Simple
- American Airlines Revisited
- Laptop Decisions
- FedEx Stocks Fall
- Dallas & Fort Worth Get Ahead as Warehousing Hub D...
- World Markets Going Haywire
- Lawsuit Representation, Know Your Rights
- Skorpion Zinc Mine Not Impacted by Strike in Namib...
- Uganda Working to Avert Strike
- Need A Vacation?
- Stocks Plummet, Regulation Looming?
- High Energy Low Calorie
- ABF To Expand
- Employee Screening Services
- 2Q Kroger Increase
- High Quality Luxury Timepieces
- No Layoffs At American Airlines Yet
- Professional House Plans
- Post Tunnel Fire, Eurotunnel May ReOpen
- Centralizing Logistics
- Freight Shipping Solutions
- Matching UPS, FedEx Picks Up The Pace
- Answering Settlement Questions
- Gustav Oil Fears Decline
- Cola Wars Revisited
- UPS Improves Efficiency In Heavy Freight Lanes
- Custom Home Plan Options
- Another Logistics Merger
- ▼ September (36)
- ► 2007 (204)
Friday, September 12, 2008
6:48 PM | Author: Brett Bumeter - Unknown | | | Edit Post
With the looming global economical crunch on the horizon (if not already here), USA InterCargo has announced that they will be centralizing their global transport and logistics company in Carmel, IN. The company, which ships nearly 1,200 vehicles a month all across the globe, is currently housed in three locations (Savannah, GA, New York, NY and Los Angeles, CA). The centralization and streamlining of their business is due to the doubling of their volume each year since 05'.
“Because of our rapid growth, we're centralizing our operations at the Carmel location to more efficiently serve our clients," President Minda Balcius said. "Geographically the Indianapolis area is well-positioned as a logistics hub. It's an excellent location for the collection and consolidation of cargo shipments."
With a total staff of just 34 employees, USA InterCargo is looking to double their workforce in the 2009 calender year. As for the centralization of their business, the move is expected to be complete by the end of this month.