- South East Gas Shortage
- Quality Scrubs And More
- The Dow Plummets Then Rebounds Many Losers Than Ju...
- Rent To Own
- Alternative Options For Distributors
- Blue Nile Diamonds
- Customers Who Aren't Getting Railed
- Economic Upheavals Possible Effects On Trucking Se...
- Centering Clay Made Simple
- American Airlines Revisited
- Laptop Decisions
- FedEx Stocks Fall
- Dallas & Fort Worth Get Ahead as Warehousing Hub D...
- World Markets Going Haywire
- Lawsuit Representation, Know Your Rights
- Skorpion Zinc Mine Not Impacted by Strike in Namib...
- Uganda Working to Avert Strike
- Need A Vacation?
- Stocks Plummet, Regulation Looming?
- High Energy Low Calorie
- ABF To Expand
- Employee Screening Services
- 2Q Kroger Increase
- High Quality Luxury Timepieces
- No Layoffs At American Airlines Yet
- Professional House Plans
- Post Tunnel Fire, Eurotunnel May ReOpen
- Centralizing Logistics
- Freight Shipping Solutions
- Matching UPS, FedEx Picks Up The Pace
- Answering Settlement Questions
- Gustav Oil Fears Decline
- Cola Wars Revisited
- UPS Improves Efficiency In Heavy Freight Lanes
- Custom Home Plan Options
- Another Logistics Merger
- ▼ September (36)
- ► 2007 (204)
|If you are looking to avoid travel given calamities and high fuel and travel costs, consider the benefits of video conferencing over IP as well as the benefits of used voip gateways.|
The Eurotunnel may reopen soon. That is a relatively remarkable development, after a 1000° inferno shut down the busy transportation system that moves people between the United Kingdom and the European continent.
Train services those two reopen first with freight and that will be followed within a day or two by limited to normal passenger travel. This is not the first fire that the tunnel has experienced, this is actually the third fire that the tunnel has experienced since it opened in the mid-1990s.
That said not everything is fixed in the tunnel yet. Almost all of the 27 lorries of the brands bound train were burned and need to be rebuilt along with sections of the tunnel.
This was not the first, and it will probably not be the last fire within this tunnel.
It is to be hoped, that the repetitive nature of these fires within the tunnel might help authorities to continue focusing on ways to improve safety, decrease the potential for fires especially those that might be triggered due to breaking systems within the trains themselves, and also continue to focus on evacuation options, and the means of putting out the fires once there started.
With fires blazing 1000° or more, it is amazing that more catastrophic results did not take place. There is truly some amazing engineering that went into this tunnel, and it would be a shame to see it destroyed them stand as a testament to man's failure.