- Bon Ton Sees Credit Rating Drop - Closing Greenbay...
- That's a Bad Mellon! Agropecuaria Montelibano Cant...
- A Logistics Error that Could Have Sparked WWIII
- Cargill Faces New Type of Fire, Fire
- Just-in-Time is Just Breaking Under $4 / Gallon Di...
- Huntington, IN Loses Jobs to Brookeville, OH
- The Allen Group Looking at Sweet Heart Tax Abateme...
- Nine Inch Nails makes $1.6 million first week with...
- Cost Savings - Not the Driver for Warehouse Manage...
- The New Revolution in Music Distribution Staged by...
- Lewiston Wal-Mart Roof Collapse
- ▼ March (11)
- ► 2007 (204)
You may not be able to catch this on the news this morning with all the election talk. A 1 million square foot Wal-Mart distribution center in Lewiston Maine collapsed in the refrigeration section.
Engineers are assessing the damage to the Wal-Mart Distribution Center in Lewiston following the collapse of a section of the roof.
No injuries were reported from the cave-in, which took place around 8:30 Tuesday night. The collapse apparently was in an area of the complex that contains refrigeration equipment.
This was not a total collapse of the roof and no injuries are reported yet. The larger issue that Wal-Mart will need to determine is whether or not the rest of this facility might be at risk.
There is no information on whether or not this could have been caused by snow, water, structural issues, an industrial accident or something else.
~ Find sexy costumes for that special someone!