- Australia Prepares for Nationwide Trucking Strike ...
- Jim Palmer Trucking Enters Chapter 11
- Pakistan Witnesses a Trucker and Bus Driver Strike...
- World Wide Trucker's Strike - Indian truckers call...
- World Wide Trucker's Strike - U.K. & Ireland Oil S...
- World Wide Truckers Strike - Balkan Trucker's Stri...
- World Wide Truckers Strike - Portugal
- World Wide Truckers Strike - Gas pumps drying up i...
- ▼ July (8)
- ► 2007 (204)
While Republicans and Democrats cook up recipes for the War on Terror, they may be losing ground as fuel prices hit reluctant ally Pakistan. A 60 percent increase in diesel fuel prices has triggered a trucker and bus driver strike this week.
Transport operators have pulled thousands of buses and trucks off the roads in Pakistan's biggest city to protest sharp increases in fuel prices.
Gasoline and diesel prices have risen by about 60 percent in Pakistan since February because of rising world oil prices and cuts in government subsidies.