- ► 2008 (159)
- Have You Seen this Bag of Bananas Pricing Solution...
- Sick Birds Sold by National Distributor Appear in ...
- Truckers and Gadgets
- Wanted 50 million Square feet of Warehouse with De...
- Distribution Benefits of Going Green
- Nintendo Guarantees Availability of Wii at Gamesto...
- CES 2008 Jan 7 - 10 in Las Vegas
- Wall Street Pushing For Changes at Palm after Logi...
- Mail Boxes to Go Empty at CompUSA
- Twenty Percent of November Recalls Due to Lead Pai...
- ▼ December (10)
CompUSA is shutting their doors, closing their stores, and team their mail boxes and going out of business after Christmas. The office or the focused on computers and other electronic devices related to the office just couldn't compete with the other office stores such as Staples and OfficeMax who in recent years have made a stronger push towards furniture and paper. Plus they have also had to compete with online sales, which is an area that is extremely competitive for tech savvy buyers that would have frequented CompUSA in the past.
CompUSA will be discounting items in their stores this month of December to help clear up the inventory before they start shutting their doors next year. The store cites competition from Wal-Mart the biggest retailer and Best Buy the biggest electronics retailer as the source of their problems.
CompUSA had been up for sale most of the summer, but there were no takers. 103 stores will be closed or sold after the shutdown January.