- ► 2008 (159)
- Have You Seen this Bag of Bananas Pricing Solution...
- Sick Birds Sold by National Distributor Appear in ...
- Truckers and Gadgets
- Wanted 50 million Square feet of Warehouse with De...
- Distribution Benefits of Going Green
- Nintendo Guarantees Availability of Wii at Gamesto...
- CES 2008 Jan 7 - 10 in Las Vegas
- Wall Street Pushing For Changes at Palm after Logi...
- Mail Boxes to Go Empty at CompUSA
- Twenty Percent of November Recalls Due to Lead Pai...
- ▼ December (10)
Savannah is one of the oldest ports in the United States. Its located at the mouth of the Savannah River in Georgia, and its one of my favorite cities in the country. I lived there, served in the military there, met my wife there and launched my first successful business there. So it comes as no surprise to me that I am covering Savannah today as one of the pre-eminent port cities in the United States.
Savannah has a deep water port and is growing warehouse space to support the products coming off the ocean at a rapid pace. Currently, Savannah is approaching 20 million square feet of cavernous warehouse space and they are looking to grow that to almost 50 million square feet before too long. Target just set up shop in Savannah after suffering from disruptions over and over again in California.
The city offers up a strong infrastructure, a talented and skilled labor force and strong logistical access to the South East from Jacksonville (2 hours) to Atlanta (4 hours) to Nashville (8 hours) and up and down the coast from Miami to New York and everything in between. The city is also attractive as a vibrant international tourist town, plus it supports the 3rd infantry division and one of the largest art schools in the world.
So whether or not you are moving stuffed animals to Target or exercise fitness equipment, electronics, or automobile supplies Savannah has the resources to provide excellent solutions. Plus, in a custom fit world, if they do not have exactly what you need at this moment, they are building and now is the time to ask as they may be able to build it to fit and have it available tomorrow!