- ► 2008 (159)
- Do Not Let Your Kid Eat the Toys R Us Crayons - An...
- The Small Business Impact of Debt Solutions
- Another Mattel Recall: Small Powerful Magnets Are ...
- Wal-Mart Finds More Melamine
- Mattel Recall
- Mobile Phone Recalls
- Recall Communications are not like Sending a Weddi...
- Definition of Product Recall
- Dedicating a bigger Section to Recalls
- Dell restates earning by up to $150M - Aug. 16, 20...
- More Recalls from Sony - on Toshiba Laptops
- Silicon Valley's Wake Up Call - Go Directly to Jai...
- China, Real Estate, Bad Products, the Economy
- ▼ August (13)
In August 2007, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and Mattel are recalling even more magnetic toys. The Barbie and Tanner Play sets contains powerful magnets that can detach and be swallowed by children. The danger comes if more than one magnet is swallowed, they can attract each other and cause serious intestinal issues, including perforation or blockage, which can be fatal. Mattel recently received three reports of the magnets coming loose, but no injuries have occurred.
It has been estimated over 680,000 of these play sets were sold at toy stores nationwide from May 2006 to August 2007 for about $16 each.
More information can be found by contacting Mattel at (888) 597-6597 anytime or visit the firm's Web site ( service.mattel.com) for instructions on receiving a replacement toy.