- ► 2008 (159)
- Importance of Fostering Environment for Employees ...
- UAW Calls Strike on GM - 73k Americans On Strike
- Mattel- We Are Sorry China?
- GPSInsight Delivers Scalable GPS Services - No lon...
- Don't Buy her the Car, Get Her a Diamond Instead
- Food Recalls and Wasted Distribution Energy Around...
- Recall an Easy Bake Hobby
- Some Perspective on the Pet Food Recall
- More Mattel Problems
- ▼ September (9)
Contract Negotiations between General Motors and UAW started to stall and ended in a strike today. Over 73,000 workers will now go on strike unless talks can be put back on track.
General Motors has sought a number of concessions from the UAW as the automobile giant loses money and loses its number 1 position to rival Toyota.
It is however a sure thing that sending 73,000 workers on strike, three months before Christmas in the middle of an economy that is in the midst of a mortgage crisis as well. Both GM and the Union workers may literally have everything to loose, if they can only get back to the table they might have everything to save as well.
It is almost assured that this will now be a bad year for GM and for the union workers of GM, this could be the beginning of the end. Christmas will be difficult, no home theater systems, or home theater popcorn machines. This will be a year of cold picket lines and scabs.