- ► 2008 (159)
- Furniture Distribution Going Global
- Universal MFG Sells Parts Distribution Business to...
- Radar Detectors to Promote Slower Driving
- Moving from Distribution to Farming? Agri-tainment...
- Local Travel Sites for Business Trips
- Rolling Up the Numbers with Consolidation Software...
- AmeriGas Grows Distribution by Shell Gass (LPG) Pu...
- Distributing Pens at Trade Shows
- Plustek Deal with D&H Distributing
- ▼ May (9)
Plustek announced a distribution agreement with D&H Distributing out of Pennsylvania. Plustek is a leading manufacturer of imaging devices including imaging devices for office and consumer uses. D&H Distributing it is a privately held distributor operating out of Pennsylvania. They've been in business for 89 years and maintain part of their business advantage by remaining private.
Accounting for distribution companies often times requires a great level of prudence that sometimes pushes for deals that benefit the numbers in the short term but hurt the numbers in the long-term when a public company is involved. DH is able to avoid this pitfall in part as it is a private company and does not have to chase after the quarterly driven numbers that many public companies are burdened by. This long-term advantage alternately does help them deliver strong short-term results. They operate in a very unassuming building, but they do deliver results.