- ► 2008 (159)
- Cisco's WiFi Unit Gets a Boost From iPhone Settlem...
- Whole Foods Sews Wild Oats
- Choosing a good Cell phone plan with WireFly and T...
- SANYO Energy and Digi-Key announce Distribution Ag...
- Rent to Own 2.0
- Balanced Distributor Agreements Create Poor Financ...
- Cashing Out on Life Insurance before You Cash Out ...
- Coke Settles Lawsuit with Bottlers
- DUI Defense Options
- AMD Appoints Synnex for Asia Distribution
- Villas in Italy
- Circuit City Change Up Larger than Previously Repo...
- Online Commission Rebate Hybrid
- Circuit City Closing Louisville Distribution Cente...
- Mortgage Refinancing Solutions
- Wal-Mart's Losing Class Action Appeal
- Monex Gold Coins and Precious Metals
- Brightstars Pan European Shipping Vision: Ship Any...
- Dell Making Cut Backs to Get Back on Top
- Puerto Vallarta Vacation
- Hyundai Chairman Sentenced to 3 Years for Embezzli...
- Internet Marketing Research Tips and Tricks
- Dell King of PC Distribution is Back
- ▼ February (23)
Coke has managed to put a difficult battle behind it. Last year a suit was filed against the Coca-Cola Co as they attempted to realign distribution with Wal-Mart. Originally, Coke products were distributed direct to store. Wal-Mart wanted the distribution to go through its efficient network of distribution centers instead. Coke wanted to please the world's largest retailer and said yes.
This prompted all of the smaller bottlers and regional distributors to get sliced out of the Wal-Mart food chain. So they filed a lawsuit to prevent the test of the distribution of the PowerAde product.
The bottlers won that right in the settlement. They make up about 11% of Coke's North American distribution volume. The two groups of parties to the lawsuit have agreed to test a new distribution systems with Wal-Mart and other customers together. The move was successful for the smaller regional bottlers. It was also successful for Coca-Cola, which will benefit from supply partners that have now received an extreme and not to subtle wake up call. Improve your distribution to please Wal-Mart or you will not remain our partner.