- ► 2008 (159)
- ► 2007 (204)
- The Aura of Aurora Real Estate
- Wal-Mart Distributing Movie's via Download
- Sony Deals Self a Cyber-Shot in the Foot
- Gifting Flowers to Your Clients for the Holidays
- Hopping Across the Pond Overnight
- Turkey Distribution
- Cross Functional Degrees takes Cross Training to t...
- Callaway Direct to Consumers Like No Other
- Unique Distribution for a Unique Marketplace
- RFID 101 Video
- Have a New Corporate Initiative or Product? Don't ...
- Internet Marketing Resources
- Channel Management - Less is More
- Inventory Reporting Analyst Position
- Sponsored Reader Promotion
- PrecisionPoint provides Self-Maintaining Business ...
- Kroger Warehouse Workers Want Strike? Threatening...
- Time Share Warehouse Distribution
- CellStar Obtains Extension of Motorola Distributio...
- Categorization of Products
- More Information on Stock Options
- Organized Crime Bar Code Scams & Money Laundering
- Distributors Capitalizing on Web Businesses have t...
- Business Benefit from Bloggers covering their Pres...
- FedEx Raises Air Cargo Rates by 5.5%, Second incre...
- ▼ November (25)
This year the Thanksgiving holiday comes on the twenty third and many people all around the country are getting into the Distribution business, the Turkey Distribution business. During the holidays many people step up their efforts to help local homeless shelters and food kitchens to provide meals for those in need.
While many families are planning cook times and preparation schedules for 10-20 pounds of turkey, Brian Rice of New Jersey plans on distributing over 85,000 pounds of turkey this year more than double last years effort. That's a lot of bird to move around. This year he's even gotten some nice people from a little known football team called the New York Giants to help.
In Connecticut, the Salvation Army offers up a different type of Turkey Distribution. They are providing a bag of groceries and a ticket for a turkey for each family that qualifies. Cooking a turkey need not be an elaborate affair. While some people may buy special roasters or deep fry the bird or many other possibilities, there are some very good and cost effective ways to turn that turkey into a feast. A simple cooking bag can really bring out the flavor of a turkey and all of the food for the dinner. The birds in Connecticut are a little small this year, but a turkey is a turkey.
Many more people all around the country will be volunteering, delivering meals and much much more to distribute a little bit of holiday cheer. Please consider helping yourself or donating to a local charity to make this a special holiday for the people in your community.