- ► 2008 (159)
- Introduction to a Branding Guru
- Ramping Up Ethanol Production
- Chinese Slapped with US Tariff
- Finish the Project Early and Take a Vacation
- Med-Health Deploys Ki4 Wholesale Distribution with...
- Lillian Vernon Lay Off Resulting from Time Life Di...
- Distribution Online in Dallas
- Pet Death Reports Could Push 10,000 - 100,000 deat...
- Petfood Recall Expands to China
- TJX Card Heist
- Attorney Up to the Plate
- Business Travelers Web 2.0 Tips
- KeyLinkSystems Distribution Business Assets to be ...
- Web Based 360 Degree Appraisal System
- Rumors of Ikea moving to the Midwest
- Real Estate Correction Will Help Businesses Find B...
- Daimler HQ Unable to Get a Labor Break
- DivaBeautyProducts Number 1 Senegence Retailer
- Launch of Top10Tech
- Dedicated Servers to Protect Your Customers Initia...
- Qualcomm and Broadcom Dismiss Patent Suits
- Power Password Systems for Enterprise Servers
- Wii Wins Game Against Sony and Microsoft
- 60 Million Containers of Dog Food on 48 Brand Name...
- Credit is Tightening But Credit Card Deals Remain
- Coca Cola Bringing Fresh Water and Wells to Africa...
- Wirefly Deals on Ebay without any Carrier Strings
- Frigid Same Store Sales for February
- Virginia Real Estate
- Peanut Butter Recall Gets Stickier with Extension
- Marijuana Distribution System in Forbes
- Market Correction Corrects Gold Pricing
- CBC Partners with IODA on Digital Distribution
- ZDNet Identifies Microsoft's Distribution Failure ...
- CardFusion.com Helps Source Business Credit Cards
- Wal-Mart Moves to Sell HD Digital Radios in Automo...
- ▼ March (36)
Nintendo's hit product the Wii gaming console be out both Microsoft and Sony in unit sales during the month of February. Nintendo's Wii sold almost as many units as Xbox and Sony combined. The Nintendo Wii sold 335,000 units, while the Sony PlayStation 3 only sold 127,000 units in the Microsoft Xbox came in second selling 228,000 units. Microsoft remains in the cumulative year long sales total race as they started selling the Xbox 360 a year prior to their competitors. Microsoft is so far sold 5.1 million consoles.
Microsoft strategy might be one of if you can be the best console on the market make sure you're their first. That's a very old lesson in consumer electronics in some ways it's a bit surprising that Nintendo and Sony missed the boat. It's a lesson directly out of both of their playbooks.