- ► 2008 (159)
- The Lobbyist in Your Corner
- Approaching the first Housing Price Drop since the...
- Distributing Religious Wares
- Appreciative Coaching
- Food Distribution Safety Increases
- Distribution Business Articles Update
- Silver Heading Up with Oil and Gas
- The Extra Filing Day
- Menu Foods Dropped Chinese Supplier; CFO sold off ...
- Power of the Power Nap
- Tom Zosel to Help Caribou Coffee Model Its Supply ...
- Sales Lead Management from AIM Promote
- Black Market SIM Card Distribution Story from Nepa...
- Corporate Time Shares 2.0?
- GE Energy Building an Energy Empire
- When Business Flags turn to Reality TV or the Inte...
- Adidas, Reebok to close distribution centers 4 sta...
- Escaping the Cold During Spring Break
- Pfizer Chooses Ecxlusive Drug Wholesaler triggers ...
- Receivables First Key to Cash Flow Management
- Hayfield Dentistry
- US reaches free-trade accord with South Korea
- Mazda takes back Belgian distribution
- New Booking Engine for Azcentral.com
- Digital50: News and more Business News
- Nestle Takes back Coffee Distribution fro Coca Col...
- Easter Potluck Distribution
- Project Management Tool
- Manufacturing Not Expanding to Meet Expectations
- ▼ April (29)
The concept of a corporate timeshare has not completely died away, but might be going through a transformation. Many companies have for years acquired vacation homes and other items in the company name for the use of key executives and shareholder or bord retreats and meetings. Various financial scandals and key executive perks that have bled a number of corporations dry have damaged the concept.
It's partly due to the abuse of some of the executives asking for and receiving these benefits that the concept grew out of control. However there still might be a future for corporations to use vacation homes near Disney World as an example in a way that is good for the company. Instead of purchasing these homes for the exclusive use of the CEO or CFO, a company could use these real estate purchases as a form of timeshare to reward employees of all levels throughout the company. Various incentives awards and recognition's and contests could be used to and sent employees to achieve large goals that the company may not choose to compensate through salary increases or other benefit compensation.
These types of rewards can go a long way towards improving our row and creating a healthy sense of competition in a company. They're not the only solution, but their usage is definitely been under exploited in a positive way.