- ► 2008 (159)
- The Lobbyist in Your Corner
- Approaching the first Housing Price Drop since the...
- Distributing Religious Wares
- Appreciative Coaching
- Food Distribution Safety Increases
- Distribution Business Articles Update
- Silver Heading Up with Oil and Gas
- The Extra Filing Day
- Menu Foods Dropped Chinese Supplier; CFO sold off ...
- Power of the Power Nap
- Tom Zosel to Help Caribou Coffee Model Its Supply ...
- Sales Lead Management from AIM Promote
- Black Market SIM Card Distribution Story from Nepa...
- Corporate Time Shares 2.0?
- GE Energy Building an Energy Empire
- When Business Flags turn to Reality TV or the Inte...
- Adidas, Reebok to close distribution centers 4 sta...
- Escaping the Cold During Spring Break
- Pfizer Chooses Ecxlusive Drug Wholesaler triggers ...
- Receivables First Key to Cash Flow Management
- Hayfield Dentistry
- US reaches free-trade accord with South Korea
- Mazda takes back Belgian distribution
- New Booking Engine for Azcentral.com
- Digital50: News and more Business News
- Nestle Takes back Coffee Distribution fro Coca Col...
- Easter Potluck Distribution
- Project Management Tool
- Manufacturing Not Expanding to Meet Expectations
- ▼ April (29)
In case you were wondering why we have 2 extra days to file our taxes this year, its because of Emancipation Day. That's not a Federal holiday but it is a legal holiday in the District of Columbia and several other states as well.
Whenever the tax filing deadline lands on a Saturday or Sunday it has always been bumped to the next business day, which in this year would have been April 16th. In fact some IRS filing instructions were originally printed up to state April 16th.
However, there is a law that extends holidays in the District of Columbia out to the rest of the country. Therefore this year we picked up an extra day and the deadline is officially April 17th!