- ► 2008 (159)
- The Lobbyist in Your Corner
- Approaching the first Housing Price Drop since the...
- Distributing Religious Wares
- Appreciative Coaching
- Food Distribution Safety Increases
- Distribution Business Articles Update
- Silver Heading Up with Oil and Gas
- The Extra Filing Day
- Menu Foods Dropped Chinese Supplier; CFO sold off ...
- Power of the Power Nap
- Tom Zosel to Help Caribou Coffee Model Its Supply ...
- Sales Lead Management from AIM Promote
- Black Market SIM Card Distribution Story from Nepa...
- Corporate Time Shares 2.0?
- GE Energy Building an Energy Empire
- When Business Flags turn to Reality TV or the Inte...
- Adidas, Reebok to close distribution centers 4 sta...
- Escaping the Cold During Spring Break
- Pfizer Chooses Ecxlusive Drug Wholesaler triggers ...
- Receivables First Key to Cash Flow Management
- Hayfield Dentistry
- US reaches free-trade accord with South Korea
- Mazda takes back Belgian distribution
- New Booking Engine for Azcentral.com
- Digital50: News and more Business News
- Nestle Takes back Coffee Distribution fro Coca Col...
- Easter Potluck Distribution
- Project Management Tool
- Manufacturing Not Expanding to Meet Expectations
- ▼ April (29)
GE energy financial services has completed the purchase of Kinder Morgan Inc.'s (KMI) natural gas retail distribution business. This business covers a quarter million customers and Colorado, Nebraska, Wyoming and Hermisillo, Mexico. The purchase of this business cost of $710 million. They have acquired more than 11,900 miles distribution and transmission pipelines plus underground storage fields and related facilities.
The transaction was announced last fall in August of 2006 and is now received deregulatory approvals to move forward. GE also holds investments and an additional 7700 miles of natural gas pipelines in North America. They have past experience in the industry and this purchase significantly grows their core business and natural gas and energy distribution. GE energy financial services is not going this investment alone, they are partnered with Alinda Capital Partners LLC, which will own a 50% stake in this recent acquisition.