- ► 2008 (159)
- The Lobbyist in Your Corner
- Approaching the first Housing Price Drop since the...
- Distributing Religious Wares
- Appreciative Coaching
- Food Distribution Safety Increases
- Distribution Business Articles Update
- Silver Heading Up with Oil and Gas
- The Extra Filing Day
- Menu Foods Dropped Chinese Supplier; CFO sold off ...
- Power of the Power Nap
- Tom Zosel to Help Caribou Coffee Model Its Supply ...
- Sales Lead Management from AIM Promote
- Black Market SIM Card Distribution Story from Nepa...
- Corporate Time Shares 2.0?
- GE Energy Building an Energy Empire
- When Business Flags turn to Reality TV or the Inte...
- Adidas, Reebok to close distribution centers 4 sta...
- Escaping the Cold During Spring Break
- Pfizer Chooses Ecxlusive Drug Wholesaler triggers ...
- Receivables First Key to Cash Flow Management
- Hayfield Dentistry
- US reaches free-trade accord with South Korea
- Mazda takes back Belgian distribution
- New Booking Engine for Azcentral.com
- Digital50: News and more Business News
- Nestle Takes back Coffee Distribution fro Coca Col...
- Easter Potluck Distribution
- Project Management Tool
- Manufacturing Not Expanding to Meet Expectations
- ▼ April (29)
What happens when one of the world largest drug suppliers choose an exclusive Wholesaler to provide drugs in the United Kingdom?
Apparently it has trigger an inquiry by the Office of Fair Trading in the United Kingdom and could escalate depending on the finding of that inquiry triggering a 'full Competition Commission investigation.'
Pfizer chose UniChem a wholesale arm of Alliance Boots, which is also the subject of a £10bn takeover. Pfizer is the biggest supplier of the UK's NHS, supplying 10 percent of all drugs prescribed. The government is concerned that the exclusive deal could impact prices paid for medicine.
Pfizer's move may be the first of many as other major drug multinationals consider reining in their wholesaler base.