- ► 2008 (159)
- ► 2007 (204)
- Truck Tonnage Rates Worst Since Last Recession
- Dental Care
- Did You Loose Contact with Your Supplier This Week...
- Retailers Now Believe in Santa Claus
- Wikipedia Founder to Speak at Capella University
- Buzz Begins for Rowlings Final Book Distribution
- Xbox 360-The Warranty that Keeps on Giving is Exte...
- A Golden Mention for Our Sponsor
- Distributing People for the Holidays
- Pacific BulletProof Company Serving up Accessories...
- When a F5 strikes Your Business
- Causes of Excess Inventory
- TNT India Strays from the Pack
- Chartplotting Devices for Marine Vessels
- TourSolver Version 4 Launched by Magellan
- Carrier Transicold on Par with Refrigerated Traile...
- Collectible Swords
- Logistics Company Prosecuted For Wire Fraud and Ta...
- Take Me to InternTown
- Geico releases 'Teens and Trucks
- Johnson & Johnson subsidiary halts trial due to tr...
- Microsoft Increases Distributors to Drop a Distrib...
- Belisi Fashions Product Line Marketing Efforts
- Arrow Electronics Purchases InTechnology Distribut...
- Corporate Train Wreck on You Tube or end of Zany M...
- Bill Amelio Spreading Lenovo Love
- Barbie fights off Bratz Industrial Espionage
- UK Consumers Wising Up about Credit-What Happens i...
- Web Marketing 2.0
- Will Kohl's and JC Penney's Chase Target and Wal-M...
- Language lessons and Translation Services for Busi...
- Dick's Sporting Goods Expands Plainfield Distribut...
- Direct Marketing Solutions
- Golden State Buys Distribution Center to Grow McDo...
- Great Source for Truck Accessories
- Merger Planners Failed to Plan for Departure of Cu...
- To Ease or Not to Ease, Not an Easy Question
- Epocrates Continues to Push Distribution of Online...
- Quick Run Down of Movie Distribution Services via ...
- Making Solar Energy Sheets by the FootBall Field
- ▼ December (40)
Bill Amelio is attempting to create a miracle with a little love. He has an unenviable task of spreading the love around the world to convince business users to purchase Lenovo computers from his Chinese Company.
There was a time when corporate customers could not get enough of these computers. That time was back when the computers sported the big blue brand of IBM. Those days are gone, rapidly left the building when Lenovo took over the laptop business from IBM.
Since then the brand name prestige and especially the perception of customer support has rapidly evaporated at least to the point where most corporate consumers still feel that the glass sure isn't as full as it used to be.
So Bill Amelio is on a full court press around the world to spread the love. It would not surprise many people if he sent his major customers's Valentine's day flowers one gift basket to every buyer. He definitely has his work cut out for him and he's not the only CEO that suffers from the China syndrome. Wal-Mart's CEO has been engaged in a similar full court press not from the direct perception of running a Chinese company but from all of the tangential issues that relate to cut costs through cheaper Chinese labor.