- ► 2008 (159)
- ► 2007 (204)
- Truck Tonnage Rates Worst Since Last Recession
- Dental Care
- Did You Loose Contact with Your Supplier This Week...
- Retailers Now Believe in Santa Claus
- Wikipedia Founder to Speak at Capella University
- Buzz Begins for Rowlings Final Book Distribution
- Xbox 360-The Warranty that Keeps on Giving is Exte...
- A Golden Mention for Our Sponsor
- Distributing People for the Holidays
- Pacific BulletProof Company Serving up Accessories...
- When a F5 strikes Your Business
- Causes of Excess Inventory
- TNT India Strays from the Pack
- Chartplotting Devices for Marine Vessels
- TourSolver Version 4 Launched by Magellan
- Carrier Transicold on Par with Refrigerated Traile...
- Collectible Swords
- Logistics Company Prosecuted For Wire Fraud and Ta...
- Take Me to InternTown
- Geico releases 'Teens and Trucks
- Johnson & Johnson subsidiary halts trial due to tr...
- Microsoft Increases Distributors to Drop a Distrib...
- Belisi Fashions Product Line Marketing Efforts
- Arrow Electronics Purchases InTechnology Distribut...
- Corporate Train Wreck on You Tube or end of Zany M...
- Bill Amelio Spreading Lenovo Love
- Barbie fights off Bratz Industrial Espionage
- UK Consumers Wising Up about Credit-What Happens i...
- Web Marketing 2.0
- Will Kohl's and JC Penney's Chase Target and Wal-M...
- Language lessons and Translation Services for Busi...
- Dick's Sporting Goods Expands Plainfield Distribut...
- Direct Marketing Solutions
- Golden State Buys Distribution Center to Grow McDo...
- Great Source for Truck Accessories
- Merger Planners Failed to Plan for Departure of Cu...
- To Ease or Not to Ease, Not an Easy Question
- Epocrates Continues to Push Distribution of Online...
- Quick Run Down of Movie Distribution Services via ...
- Making Solar Energy Sheets by the FootBall Field
- ▼ December (40)
Most people do not think of JC Penney's and Kohl's when they think of stores to buy movies. Both stores are growing and expanding well and are pulling in shoppers for clothing purchases like crazy. With the mystique often afforded Filene's, they bring in shoppers looking for a value buy on clothing.
Its a similar model that Target employees to stave off Wal-Mart in all their products.
Both JC Penney's and Kohl's offer a great deal of impulse buy products in their stores that hit the mark a little more effectively than most. It may be fun for their customer's to shop for clothes but picking up something on impulse to add just a little more zing to life seems to fit their models nicely.
Enter Movie Sales
Target has engaged in a battle against movie studios as their DVD market which holds double digit market share is being threatened by lower priced download options. Target things this is unfair pricing and has threatened to yank movies and remove a valuable chunk of advertising real estate for the movie industry.
Meanwhile, Wal-Mart has begun to engage in movie download options for its customers. Last week they started by offering a download version of Superman Returns if the customer purchased the DVD version first.
Question for Kohl's and JC Penney
It would appear that these stores could tack behind Wal-Mart's download model and offer on demand movie download sales options from their sites or a even at the time of check out. This would add a new dimension of impulse buy options for their customers and add an entirely new segment to their sales. They cater to a similar demographic as compared to Target and could potentially make movie download sales sexy for their customer base.