- ► 2008 (159)
- ► 2007 (204)
- Truck Tonnage Rates Worst Since Last Recession
- Dental Care
- Did You Loose Contact with Your Supplier This Week...
- Retailers Now Believe in Santa Claus
- Wikipedia Founder to Speak at Capella University
- Buzz Begins for Rowlings Final Book Distribution
- Xbox 360-The Warranty that Keeps on Giving is Exte...
- A Golden Mention for Our Sponsor
- Distributing People for the Holidays
- Pacific BulletProof Company Serving up Accessories...
- When a F5 strikes Your Business
- Causes of Excess Inventory
- TNT India Strays from the Pack
- Chartplotting Devices for Marine Vessels
- TourSolver Version 4 Launched by Magellan
- Carrier Transicold on Par with Refrigerated Traile...
- Collectible Swords
- Logistics Company Prosecuted For Wire Fraud and Ta...
- Take Me to InternTown
- Geico releases 'Teens and Trucks
- Johnson & Johnson subsidiary halts trial due to tr...
- Microsoft Increases Distributors to Drop a Distrib...
- Belisi Fashions Product Line Marketing Efforts
- Arrow Electronics Purchases InTechnology Distribut...
- Corporate Train Wreck on You Tube or end of Zany M...
- Bill Amelio Spreading Lenovo Love
- Barbie fights off Bratz Industrial Espionage
- UK Consumers Wising Up about Credit-What Happens i...
- Web Marketing 2.0
- Will Kohl's and JC Penney's Chase Target and Wal-M...
- Language lessons and Translation Services for Busi...
- Dick's Sporting Goods Expands Plainfield Distribut...
- Direct Marketing Solutions
- Golden State Buys Distribution Center to Grow McDo...
- Great Source for Truck Accessories
- Merger Planners Failed to Plan for Departure of Cu...
- To Ease or Not to Ease, Not an Easy Question
- Epocrates Continues to Push Distribution of Online...
- Quick Run Down of Movie Distribution Services via ...
- Making Solar Energy Sheets by the FootBall Field
- ▼ December (40)
Dick's Sporting Goods announced the expansion of their Plainfield Distribution Center. They plan on investing approximately $35 million to expand their Midwest regional center in Plainfield, Illinois.
Plans call for the addition of 90 workers over the next twelve months. This will peg the total force at the Plainfield distribution center at four hundred employees.
The future expansion will allow the distribution center to service up to 230 Dick's Sporting Goods stores an increase that will more than double the current capacity.
The current distribution center was acquired by Dick's with the acquisition of Galyan's in 2004.