- ► 2008 (159)
- ► 2007 (204)
- Truck Tonnage Rates Worst Since Last Recession
- Dental Care
- Did You Loose Contact with Your Supplier This Week...
- Retailers Now Believe in Santa Claus
- Wikipedia Founder to Speak at Capella University
- Buzz Begins for Rowlings Final Book Distribution
- Xbox 360-The Warranty that Keeps on Giving is Exte...
- A Golden Mention for Our Sponsor
- Distributing People for the Holidays
- Pacific BulletProof Company Serving up Accessories...
- When a F5 strikes Your Business
- Causes of Excess Inventory
- TNT India Strays from the Pack
- Chartplotting Devices for Marine Vessels
- TourSolver Version 4 Launched by Magellan
- Carrier Transicold on Par with Refrigerated Traile...
- Collectible Swords
- Logistics Company Prosecuted For Wire Fraud and Ta...
- Take Me to InternTown
- Geico releases 'Teens and Trucks
- Johnson & Johnson subsidiary halts trial due to tr...
- Microsoft Increases Distributors to Drop a Distrib...
- Belisi Fashions Product Line Marketing Efforts
- Arrow Electronics Purchases InTechnology Distribut...
- Corporate Train Wreck on You Tube or end of Zany M...
- Bill Amelio Spreading Lenovo Love
- Barbie fights off Bratz Industrial Espionage
- UK Consumers Wising Up about Credit-What Happens i...
- Web Marketing 2.0
- Will Kohl's and JC Penney's Chase Target and Wal-M...
- Language lessons and Translation Services for Busi...
- Dick's Sporting Goods Expands Plainfield Distribut...
- Direct Marketing Solutions
- Golden State Buys Distribution Center to Grow McDo...
- Great Source for Truck Accessories
- Merger Planners Failed to Plan for Departure of Cu...
- To Ease or Not to Ease, Not an Easy Question
- Epocrates Continues to Push Distribution of Online...
- Quick Run Down of Movie Distribution Services via ...
- Making Solar Energy Sheets by the FootBall Field
- ▼ December (40)
Its one thing to move widgets all around the world up and down and sideways through channels across borders in and out of containers and warehouses, down the road, in the store on the shelf and out the door, but many companies distribute people. Experiencing a backlog in widgets may upset your customers, it might even push them to buy something else. When Airline carriers experience a backlog during the holiday season it resonates with their customers for a long long time.
Target will look at your yearly and quarterly performance reports, but they might be a little less likely to remember how a shipment was late in December or November in 1994 and again in 1997. Airline passengers though imprint memories of holiday delays for a lifetime.
This Christmas appears to be one of those seasons with fog delays out of Heathrow and winter storm delays in Denver.
The Airlines have not given themselves much room to digg out either. For many months airlines have been increasingly overbooking flights causing greater delays even on a perfect day, but with major snarls at major hubs around the world, the accordion effect of a delay is leaving Airlines to make statements like "we're anticipating it could take us several days to get all customers whose flights were canceled to their destination" that one from Megan McCarthy a spokeswoman for United Airlines.
With thousands of people stranded and thousands of canceled flights that is also a large number of last minute shoppers that will not be able to make it to the stores before the big day. For the many retailers that did not find Santa Claus this year, last minute shoppers may not make it home in time for the holidays.